Grace wrote this as our outtake place holder: "Some sentimental anecdote about choosing your friends and the wonderful people we know."
The real outake: "If you put a frozen turkey in a deep fryer it will explode and you will burn your whole face off."
Host Opening: (00:00 - 07:16)
Friendsgiving!: (07:16 - 36:11)
FRIENDSHIP BOOKS TITLE/AUTHOR/BRIEF SYNOPSIS
- Josh at Spiral: Charlotte's Web by EB White, BFG by Roald Dahl (who was apparently a huge bigot.)
- Anna from Twitter: Very Far From Anywhere Else by Ursula K. Le Guin, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- LOOKING FOR ALASKA by John Green. (Nicknames! New experiences!)
- PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by Stephen Chbosky. (Rocky horror! Secret Santa!)
- AMONG OTHERS by Jo Walton (Mori grew up with a witch mother who went mad, confrontation left her sister dead and Mori crippled. Moves to boarding school paid for by estranged father, spends all her time reading SF, finds a SF book club at the local library.)
CONTEST ALERT: Win a signed copy of Infinite Number of Parallel Universes by telling us what you're grateful for! Tweet @bookjawnpodcast or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Closing: (47:03 - 51:01)
Our next episode will be another monthly What are You Reading/Caj episode. Two lady book club will be Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Themed episode for December is narrative books about FOOOOOOOD!