Host Opening (0:00:00-0:25:23)
- The Harry Potter Alliance
- Fandom Matters (Amanda's new fan activism YoutTube channel)
- Jackson Bird (Communications Director at The Harry Potter Alliance, Head Waffler at Will It Waffle?, Transgender Advocate)
- Swapna Krishna (Editor at Book Riot and Panels.com, probably the real Ms. Marvel)
- Meghan Tonjes (Musician, YouTuber, Leader of the #bootyrevolution)
- Random Family Love Drugs Trouble & Coming of Age in the Bronx by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc (Thanks for the rec Elisa!)
- Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (Thanks for the rec Autumn!)
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin (Thanks for the rec!)
What We're Reading (0:25:23-0:58:04)
Host Closing (0:58:04-1:01:39)
Next Month's Theme: Books about Mental Illness and Mental Health!
Reading: Marbles Mania Depression Michelangelo & Me A Graphic Memoir by Ellen Forney
Look forward to our bonus Reading Like an Activist episode!
SEND US COOKIE RECIPES:
Theme music written exclusively for Book Jawn Podcast by Joe DeGeorge. Visit him at joedegeorge.com and tell people about him!
Art by Ramsey Beyer, see more of her work at everydaypants.com