In this episode, we discuss Grace's move to Los Angeles, what we've been reading, and the much anticipated adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events. And as a special treat, we look back on some of our favorite memories from the early days of Book Jawn Podcast.
"Do you remember how in the first few episodes we would threaten to kill [Jonathan Franzen] and then you were like... STOP. STOP THIS." Sarah remembered wistfully.
"Did we threaten to kill him," wonders Grace, "I don't remember."
"I threatened to push him down a manhole in the first episode."
Grace remembers. "That's hilarious. That was really funny. I think I was worried we were too negative, and I was like, 'we're not focusing on the good content, we just hate Jonathan Franzen a lot.' "
"We were the Jonathan Franzen hate hour for a minute....."
"I think we've balanced it out pretty well. There's definitely room in my heart to hate Jonathan Franzen."
"Good diplomacy, homie."
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay by JK Rowling
- In Mad Love & War by Joy Harjo
- Strong Female Protagonist Book One by Brennan Lee Mulligan and Molly Ostertag
- Letters to a Young Artist: Straight-Up Advice on Making a Life in the Arts--For Actors, Performers, Writers, and Artists of Every Kind by Anna Deavere Smith
- March: Book One by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell
- The Spider and the Fly: A Reporter, a Serial Killer, and the Meaning of Murder by Claudia Rowe
- Artists Way a Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- Paying For It A Comic Strip Memoir About Being A John by Chester Brown
- Redefining Realness My Path to Womanhood Identity Love & So Much More by Janet Mock
- Rent Girl by Michelle Tea
- Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg FREE PDF COPY
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher